Public procurement and EU Funds
Our Procurement and EU Funds team currently works on a number of the biggest public procurement projects in Latvia, and regularly advises clients on matters arising from EU financed projects, including financial corrections and representation in Latvian EU Fund management institutions and European Commission institutions.
- Legal support to AS “Pasažieru vilciens” in organizing of procurement of the new passenger electric trains, evaluation of proposals and dispute resolution in the Latvian Procurement Supervision Bureau and administrative courts.
- Providing of public procurement specialist services to the Latvian Court Administration in a long term project on increasing of competences of the personnel of courts and law enforcement institutions.
- Legal support to SIA “Kultūras un sporta centrs “Daugavas stadions””, the major sports and culture complex in Riga city, in a number of public procurement procedures (sketch design competition, construction, construction supervision, purchase of other goods and services) the reconstruction project of the stadium and its surrounding territory.
- Legal assistance to Eiropas dzelzceļa līnijas, Latvian implementation authority of RailBaltica project, in Architectural Design Sketch Competition for reconstruction of Riga Central Railway Station and construction of a new railway bridge over the Daugava river.
- Legal consultations to the Ministry of Finance acting as Audit Authority on different aspects related to implementation of projects financed by the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism and the Norwegian Financial Mechanism.
- Legal support to Latvijas dzelzceļš (Latvian railways) in a number of major EU funded infrastructure development projects, including representation in the European Commission.
- Legal support to the State Education Development Agency (VIAA) in legal substantiation of financial corrections in a number of education projects financed by EU funds.
- Selection of appropriate procurement method
- Drafting of procurement documentation (Tender Dossier, draft procurement agreement, other formal appendices)
- Answering to bidder’s questions during the tender stage
- Evaluation of tender proposals
- Secretarial services in drafting of procurement commission’s minutes
- Procurement appeals
- Procurement dispute resolution in Latvian Procurement Supervision Bureau (IUB) and administrative courts
- EU projects and financing
- Financial corrections in EU funded projects
- Representation in Latvian EU fund institutions and the European Commission