Kronbergs Čukste Derling’s M&A practice provides advice to a broad range of strategic investors, private equity, family businesses and public sector entities in local and cross border M&A transactions.
- Advising Avesco AG on acquisition of Wihuri’s three Baltic subsidiaries. We advised Avesco AG on the acquisition of Wihuri’s Baltic subsidiaries, engaged in sales and service of Caterpillar machines. Our M&A team, led by Valters Kronbergs, advised on structuring of the transaction, led negotiations, organized the due diligence process, drafted an SPA and presided over a simultaneous three jurisdiction pan-Baltic closing of the transaction. For more information, please see
- Advising SEB Enskilda in sale of commercial part of AS “Latvijas Hipotēku un zemes banka”. We, together with SEB Enskilda (now acting under the name of Superia), led the sales process of the commercial arm of AS “Latvijas Hipotēku un zemes banka” (Latvian Mortgage and Land Bank). The task included structuring of the commercial part of the bank into several bundles intended for sale to various acquirers, drafting of the SPA, and coordination of the process with the European Commission in light of EU state aid requirements. For more information, please see
- Sale of major Latvian construction materials and chemicals producer to a Belgium investor.
- Acting for Sunningdale, a Singapore-based buyer of high tech Latvian tooling manufacturing company.
- Transfer of passenger trains maintenance business to AS “Pasažieru vilciens” (Passenger Train) and related shareholder negotiations.
- Due diligence
- Transaction structuring
- Multi-jurisdiction simultaneous closings
- Notification to the supervisory authorities (Competition Council, Financial and Capital Markets Commission and others)
- Acquisition financing
We have significant previous experience in M&A transactions in the following areas:
- Banking sector
- IT and telecommunications sector
- Transport sector
- Real estate
- Energy and utilities